Foreign Academic Credit

Degrees and course work received at foreign universities shall be acceptable only if such course work could be counted as transfer credit by regionally accredited universities [as reported by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers].

An applicant having a foreign degree(s) must furnish at the applicant’s own expense an evaluation of the foreign degree(s) from a commercial evaluation service. The degree evaluation must be sent directly to the board by the evaluation service. The ABMP recommends that the evaluation service be a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) – 

An applicant must submit with the application complete certified copies or documented proof of the degree(s) awarded (masters or doctorate) and the date it was awarded. Documents written in languages other than English shall be accompanied by a certified English translation.